Our Relationship with Commonwealth Financial Network
Just as you’re free to choose the advisor you believe is best suited to help you meet your objectives, our firm benefits from the same freedom in selecting a broker/dealer. We’ve chosen to affiliate with Commonwealth Financial Network®—the largest privately held broker/dealer–RIA in the country, with $114.4 billion in total assets* and more than 1,710 affiliated advisors.*
Unlike traditional Wall Street firms, Commonwealth doesn’t produce or market proprietary investment products or impose sales quotas on its advisors. And because it’s independently owned and operated, it’s free to act in the best interests of its advisors and their clients rather than on the demands of shareholders. In turn, we can act in your best interests, without the pressure to promote a particular product or strategy.
The client-centric values we share with Commonwealth—along with the firm’s continually expanding resources—mean we’re all working toward the same goal: to provide you with exceptional guidance, products, and service, including:
• Investment choice. Commonwealth gives us access to robust market research and a virtually limitless selection of third-party investment vehicles, from individual stocks and bonds to mutual funds, exchange-traded funds, alternative investments, managed accounts, and retirement plans. Backed by this rich knowledge and product range, we can make the best choices for you based on your financial objectives, personal investment style, and risk tolerance. • Responsive service. Commonwealth’s advisor-to-staff ratio is one of the best in the industry. Staff members attend to our needs promptly, execute transactions quickly and accurately, and offer first-class service that helps us provide the same to you.
• Integrated technology. Commonwealth’s technology platform allows us to efficiently and easily review your financial situation, make updates and changes, and keep you apprised of your status through user-friendly web-based systems.
• Breadth of expertise. Commonwealth employs financial planning experts and leading planning tools and resources to assist us in addressing your financial needs, however complex. From CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ professionals to attorneys and niche-credentialed experts, the group’s capabilities span estate planning, taxation, risk management, business planning, and retirement planning.
• Access to top management. Commonwealth’s hands-on culture gives us immediate access to the firm’s 10 partners, who have an average tenure of 20 years. We have the same breadth of resources available to us as do advisors in bigger, publicly held firms—but with more personal service. Access to this depth of knowledge translates directly into better, faster, more informed decisions for you.
• Account support. Knowledgeable investors enjoy greater financial confidence. Consolidated monthly statements, online account access, and Commonwealth’s Service Center help us provide you with all the information you’ll need to stay informed.
• Professional education. Your financial well-being directly benefits when we stay abreast of industry trends and the latest regulatory guidelines. As Commonwealth advisors, we participate in a diverse curriculum of technical seminars and educational programs reflecting the best practices in the financial industry.
*As of December 31, 2016
Commonwealth is a member of SIPC, which protects securities customers of its membership up to $500,000 (including $250,000 for claims for cash). An explanatory brochure is available on request or at www.sipc.org